- What's On
- Plan Your Visit
- Eat, Drink & Shop
- Learn & Participate
- Curve Youth & Community Company
- Artist Development
- Community Creative Writing Challenge
- Workshops and Classes
- Family Days
- DMU Pride
- Fashioning a City
- Venue Hire
- Support Us
- About Us
- Account Login
Leicester Theatre Trust Limited (“LTT”, “we” or “us”), of Curve Theatre, Rutland Street, Leicester, LE1 1SB is committed to respecting your privacy and safeguarding your personal data.
For the purpose of data protection legislation in the UK, Leicester Theatre Trust Limited is the data controller and is responsible for your personal data. You may view LTT’s Data Protection Notification (registration number: Z7030010) by visiting the Information Commissioner’s Office Website.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact our Data Protection Manager using the details set out at the end of this policy.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
There are various reasons that we need to collect personal data from you. We will only collect personal data when it is voluntarily submitted by you to us either by using the forms on our website or when you contact us by other means. We may collect and process the following personal data about you for the following purposes:
- Website Account – When you sign up for an account on our website, we will need your name and certain contact details so that we can identify you as an account holder. You will also be asked to create a username and password. Your account will also hold details of previous purchases or orders made by you, and any preferences that you set for your account. Where you have consented to us processing it, your website account may include details of any special access requirements which you have notified to us.
- Brochure Request – To send you a hard copy brochure or other show information on your request, we will need your name and address.
- Ordering Tickets – When you place an order for tickets to one of our shows or events, so that we can fulfil your order,you will need to provide us your name and contact details (so that we can send your tickets to you, or hold them for collection) together with your payment card details (so that we can process your payment).
- Surveys – If you choose to complete a survey that we use for research purposes we will retain the information that you provide in response to that survey (for the avoidance of any doubt all such surveys are entirely optional);
- Contact us – If you make an enquiry, in order to reply to your message we will respond to you using your name and the contact details that you provide to us such as your telephone number or email address. This information will be used to answer your questions as completely and thoroughly as possible and will not be used for any other purpose unless you have requested additional services such as to join our marketing list.
- Fault reporting – If you contact us to report a fault with our website, we will use the information provided for the purposes of rectifying that fault in accordance with our legitimate interests.
- Recruitment – Personal data provided for an employment opportunity will be processed so as to allow us to process and evaluate the merits of that application in accordance with our legitimate interests.
We may also use personal data which you provide to us, where the law allows us to do so:
- To deal with and/or respond to any enquiry or request made by you prior to entering into any contract or agreement with us or as a result of such contract or agreement;
- To ensure that content on our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer in accordance with our legitimate interests;
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you;
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation;
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Our legitimate interests include:- The promotion of LTT, Curve and our work;- The efficient administration of our business including managing bookings and ticket sales;
– The maintenance of the goodwill and reputation of LTT;
– The provision of excellent customer service and care; and
– Providing you with the best possible customer experience.
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us. If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Where you expressly consent to us doing so, we may collect information from you relating to any special access requirements which you have such as whether you require captioning, a wheelchair transfer, BSL interpretation, audio description, an assistance dog, an aisle seat or a companion and whether you are a wheelchair user. This is for the purpose of providing you with any additional assistance which you may require. Other than this health related data which you expressly consent to us processing, we do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
We may use your personal data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you. You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested such information from us or if you have purchased similar products or services from us and where you have not told us you do not wish to receive marketing communications. If you provided us with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion, or at any other time then we will only send you marketing communications if you have expressly agreed to receive them. You can unsubscribe from our marketing communications at any time using the link in our communications, by updating your account preferences (if you have an account on our website) or by contacting us.
ALLOWING YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO BE USED BY OTHERS
The information you share with us will only be disclosed to relevant employees. We will not otherwise disclose your personal data to any third party outside of LTT unless one of the following applies:
- on occasion, we need to hire other companies to help us to serve you better and in some of these cases we may need to share personal data that is necessary to perform tasks for us, such as fundraising, market research or issuing marketing materials;
- it is necessary for the performance of our contract with you, including where we need to take steps to enforce any agreements which may be entered into between us;
- we are under a legal duty to do so in order to comply with any legal obligation;
- to protect the rights, property or safety of our organisation, our staff and others;
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer as part of the sale or purchase process and disclosure is required to allow that transaction to proceed; or
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data that we hold about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any company outside LTT for marketing purposes, or before we send you relevant third party information on behalf of a third party.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
The security of your personal data is of the utmost importance to us. We are committed to providing appropriate security controls to protect your personal information against foreseeable hazards.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers located in the UK. Any payment transactions will be encrypted.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We do not transfer your personal data outside the United Kingdom (UK).
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
- By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including contact, identity, financial and transaction data) for a minimum of six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
- Where you have opted in to receive marketing communications, or where we communicate with you in accordance with our legitimate interests, we will continue to send these to you until you tell us you no longer want to receive them. You can unsubscribe at any time using the link in our communications, by updating your account preferences (if you have an account on our website) or by contacting us.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see “Your Rights” below for further information.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from external websites, plug-ins and applications as a service to our visitors. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
The provision of a link on our site to an external website, plug-in or application should not be taken as an endorsement by LTT of the same.
As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect technical data (internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website) about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. We may also receive technical data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies.
This data will be collected for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
LTT will not (and will not allow any third party) to use the statistical analytics tool to track or to collect any personally identifiable information of visitors to our site. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any personally identifying information from any source as part of our use of the Google statistical analytics tool. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. Neither LTT nor Google will link, or seek to link, an IP address with the identity of a computer user.
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent. You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by logging into your website account and checking or unchecking relevant boxes to adjust your marketing preferences, or by following the “unsubscribe” (or similar) links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time. Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a purchase, product/ service experience or other transactions.
- Please download and complete the Subject Access Request Form in either MS Word or Portable Document Format, and return it to the address below.You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
If you have any comments or concerns regarding this policy please contact the data protection controller in writing at the following address:-
Data Protection Manager
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY AND YOUR DUTY TO INFORM US OF CHANGES
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
If you are unhappy with the way in which we have collected or processed your personal data or have any other complaint in relation to our handling of your personal data you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner, further information can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website at www.ico.org.uk or via their helpline on 0303 123 1113.
Last revision: Feb 2021