- What's On
- Plan Your Visit
- Learning & Community
- Support Us
- About Us
- Account Login
The Andy Nairn Bursaries in Technical Theatre offer life-changing training and opportunities to individuals interested in pursuing a career in the technical theatre industry, irrespective of their physical, social, educational, or financial circumstances.
This annual fundraising appeal was set up by Curve in November 2021 in honour of Andy Nairn, Curve’s Head of Production, who sadly passed away in November 2020. Andy was a much-loved Production Manager and technician across many theatres in the Midlands: he was passionate about nurturing and mentoring future generations of technicians and believed that everyone should have access to the best training opportunities.
To this date, the funds raised have supported Curve’s Creative Venue Technician Apprenticeships and the establishment of Curve’s Youth and Community Technical Company (CYCC Tech), which offers weekly classes to young people interested in learning the skills and experience necessary to have a career in this industry. These professional development opportunities have led to full-time employment and to the receipt of the Association of British Theatre Technicians Award for Emerging Excellence in 2023.
Help us train and empower the next generation of technicians.
This November you can:
- Add a donation to your booking.
- Donate to Curve online, via telephone, or in person at Box Office (0116 242 3595).
- Contribute to our bucket collections taking place after selected shows.
- Text ANDY to 70560 to donate £5. Texts will cost the donation amount plus one standard network rate message.
- Get in touch with the Fundraising Team on (0116) 402 6345 / [email protected], all year round.
If you would like to find out more about the scheme, or discuss alternative ways you can support this cause, do not hesitate to call or email the Fundraising team on (0116) 402 6345 / [email protected]
Amount to Donate £ 0