- What's On
- Plan Your Visit
- Learning & Community
- Support Us
- About Us
- Account Login
Curve (Leicester Theatre Trust) is a cultural charity (registration number 230708).
Great theatre provides intrinsic value to society and through our work we increase knowledge, open minds to new possibilities, provide shared experience and reduce social exclusion and isolation helping our community to be happier and healthier. Through performances, projects, community, engagement, activities and learning programmes we are able to enrich the lives of everyone who lives, works and learns in Leicester, Leicestershire and beyond.
To find out more about our charitable work please see Curve for All.
Between Tuesday 9 and Friday 26 November 2021, Curve raised £5,500 towards The Andy Nairn Bursaries in Technical Theatre. To read about the money raised, how the fund supports young people, and how you can contribute, please visit The Andy Nairn Bursaries in Technical Theatre page.
‘My nephew (who has global development syndrome) fully engrossed in the performance was amazing, the relaxed atmosphere allowed him to be himself and we saw a more focused and calmer side to him that we had not been able to see before’ – Audience Member, The Cat in the Hat relaxed performance.
You can donate to Curve in a number of ways:
- Box Office – Call (0116) 242 3595 to donate, or whilst purchasing tickets. You can also make cash or card donations in person.
- Bucket Collections – We carry out bucket collections at the of each Made at Curve performance, and there are also collection boxes located in our café and bar
- Text donate – Text CURVE to 70480 to donate £3, or text CURVE followed by the amount you wish to donate to 70480. For example, CURVE5 to donate £5
- Online – Click below to donate online now
Amount to Donate £ 0
Thank you for donating!
We're sorry you are unable to make a donation at this time.
Gift Aid is a scheme that allows charities to reclaim tax on a donation made by a UK taxpayer, which means your donations will be worth 25% more to us at no extra cost to you. If you Gift Aid your donations we can claim 25p for every £1 you donate to Curve back from the government.
This additional income really does make a big difference, so please don’t forget to Gift Aid donations if you are a UK tax payer.
How does Gift Aid Work?
It’s simple. Gift Aid is a government initiative that allows donations given to charity to be tax-effective. As soon as you give us your permission when you check out or if you would prefer to complete a Gift Aid declaration form below, we can claim the tax back on your donation. This means that a £10 donation will be worth £12.50 and a £50 donation will be worth £62.50.
Am I eligible for Gift Aid?
If you are a UK taxpayer, yes.
What we need to claim Gift Aid:
- Your full name and home address
- A donation made from a personal bank or building society account, we can’t claim Gift Aid on donations from company accounts and the donation must be your own money and not the proceeds of a collection.
- For you to be paying income tax or capital gains tax which at least equals the amount Curve and other charities and community amateur sports clubs will claim in the appropriate tax year (6 April one year to 5 April the next). This is currently 25p for every £1 you give.
- When you declare as part of our check out process or by using the declaration form below, we can claim Gift Aid on all your donations in the last 4 years and all future donations.
- Once you have become a Gift Aid donor, please let us know if you stop paying tax or if you change your name/address so that we can update our records.
How can I find out more?
If you have any questions about Gift Aid please email email@example.com.
Become a Curve Supporter, Friend or Business Friend – Enjoy a range of discounted tickets and other exclusive benefits whilst supporting our charitable work.
Name a Seat – Create lasting memories and celebrate important people and moments in your life by making a mark in our auditorium.
Leave a gift in your Will – You may wish to consider leaving a gift in your will to help us continue the work for future generations to enjoy. To discuss further please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Fundraise for Curve – please contact the Fundraising Team at email@example.com, or (0116) 402 6345 to discuss further ways how you can support our work.