- What's On
- Plan Your Visit
- Eat, Drink & Shop
- Learn & Participate
- Curve Young Company
- Curve Community Company
- Artist Development
- Workshops and Classes
- Family Days
- DMU Pride
- Fashioning a City
- Venue Hire
- Support Us
- About Us
- Account Login
Curve (Leicester Theatre Trust) is a cultural charity (registration number 230708).
Great theatre provides intrinsic value to society and through our work we increase knowledge, open minds to new possibilities, provide shared experience and reduce social exclusion and isolation helping our community to be happier and healthier. Through performances, projects, community, engagement, activities and learning programmes we are able to enrich the lives of everyone who lives, works and learns in Leicester, Leicestershire and beyond.
To find out more about our charitable work please see Curve for All.
‘My nephew (who has global development syndrome) fully engrossed in the performance was amazing, the relaxed atmosphere allowed him to be himself and we saw a more focused and calmer side to him that we had not been able to see before’ – Audience Member, The Cat in the Hat relaxed performance.
HOW TO DONATE
- Donate Online – You can donate now by clicking here.
‘It was such a joyous experience from start to finish. Never in my life have I met such a dedicated, kind, patient, and nurturing creative team. I really can’t give this team enough credit. I was genuinely heart broken when this run ended. Thank you Curve.’ Participant, Fidler on the Roof – 2018 Community Show.
Gift Aid is a scheme that allows charities to reclaim tax on a donation made by a UK taxpayer, which means your donations will be worth 25% more to us at no extra cost to you. If you Gift Aid your donations we can claim 25p for every £1 you donate to Curve back from the government.
This additional income really does make a big difference, so please don’t forget to Gift Aid donations if you are a UK tax payer.
How does Gift Aid Work?
It’s simple. Gift Aid is a government initiative that allows donations given to charity to be tax-effective. As soon as you give your permission by completing a Gift Aid declaration form, we can claim the tax back on your donation. This means that a £10 donation will be worth £12.50 and a £50 donation will be worth £62.50.
Am I eligible for Gift Aid?
If you are a UK taxpayer, yes.
What we need to claim Gift Aid:
- Your full name and home address
- A donation made from a personal bank or building society account, we can’t claim Gift Aid on donations from company accounts and the donation must be your own money and not the proceeds of a collection.
- For you to be paying income tax or capital gains tax which at least equals the amount Curve and other charities and community amateur sports clubs will claim in the appropriate tax year (6 April one year to 5 April the next). This is currently 25p for every £1 you give.
- Using the declaration form, we can claim Gift Aid on all your donations in the last 4 years and all future donations.
- Once you have become a Gift Aid donor, please let us know if you stop paying tax or if you change your name/address so that we can update our records.
How can I find out more?
If you have any questions about Gift Aid please email [email protected].
Become a Curve Member – enjoy a range of discounted tickets and other exclusive benefits whilst also supporting our charitable work.
Name a Seat – become part of the fabric of Curve and directly support our work with young people.
Fundraise for Us – run a marathon or simply host a bake sale! We’d love to hear your fundraising ideas at [email protected].
For more information on how you can support us, or to find out more about our charitable work, contact our Fundraising Team by email on [email protected]