- What's On
- Plan Your Visit
- Eat, Drink & Shop
- Learn & Participate
- Curve Young Company
- Curve Community Company
- Artist Development
- Workshops and Classes
- Family Days
- DMU Pride
- Fashioning a City
- Venue Hire
- Support Us
- About Us
- Account Login
CYC Musicals participants will develop their skills and understanding of all aspects of musical theatre from the historical to the current, realising storytelling through lyrics, text and dance.
Who can join CYC Musicals 12+?
Our CYC Musicals 12+ group is for young people aged 12 – 15 years at start of school year. The group meets on Sunday afternoons between 2pm and 5pm during school term times.
What will I get from joining CYC Musicals 12+?
- The chance to work alongside other like-minded young artists to a professional standard.
- Equal development of the three core Musical Theatre skills – singing, acting and dancing.
- Through ensemble working, development of wide skillset including personal confidence and presentation skills.
- The chance to be part of a strong ensemble cast rehearsing a public production for performances in our Studio in March 2020.
- An opportunity to work with a professional Director, Musical Director and Choreographer across three terms.
- An opportunity to also work with Curve’s Technical, Stage Management and Wardrobe staff on productions, giving experience of backstage professional theatre practices.
- Further performance opportunities in the summer term as part of the annual CYC Showcase in the Studio.
- Free places at guest workshops at Curve from the Central School of Speech and Drama, including audition techniques and support on drama school applications.
- Workshops from guest practitioners.
When are the auditions for CYC Musicals 12+?
Following Government guidance around the COVID-19 pandemic, Curve is currently closed for performances and other activities until Saturday 31st October 2020. As such our application window for 2020/21 has been put on hold.
As soon as we are in position to re-open the building, we will begin to make plans around opening applications and holding auditions. All of this information will be available on our website and advertised on our social media channels, so please do continue to check these regularly for further updates.