- What's On
- Plan Your Visit
- Eat, Drink & Shop
- Learn & Participate
- Curve Youth & Community Company
- Artist Development
- Community Creative Writing Challenge
- Workshops and Classes
- Community Days
- DMU Pride
- Fashioning a City
- Venue Hire
- Support Us
- About Us
- Account Login
CYCC Musical Theatre participants will develop their skills and understanding of all aspects of musical theatre from the historical to the current, realising storytelling through lyrics, text and dance.
Who can join CYCC Musical Theatre?
Our CYCC Musicals group is for young people in school years 7 – 9. The group will meet on Saturdays.
What will I get from joining CYCC Musical Theatre?
- The chance to work alongside other like-minded young artists to a professional standard.
- Equal development of the three core Musical Theatre skills – singing, acting and dancing.
- Through ensemble working, development of wide skillset including personal confidence and presentation skills.
- The chance to be part of a strong ensemble cast rehearsing for high quality production later in the year.
- An opportunity to work with a professional Director, Musical Director and Choreographer across three terms.
- An opportunity to also work with Curve’s Technical, Stage Management and Wardrobe staff on productions, giving experience of backstage professional theatre practices.
- Further performance opportunities in the summer term.
- Free places at guest workshops at Curve from the Central School of Speech and Drama, including audition techniques and support on drama school applications.
- Workshops from guest practitioners.
We are running recruitment workshops ahead of the full term, this is an opportunity for you to decide if this is the right group for you.
Recruitment workshops will be running in the w/c 16 Aug, 30 Aug and 6 Sept 2021.
Expression of interest for these groups are now open. Click here to fill in your expression of interest.