- What's On
- Plan Your Visit
- Eat, Drink & Shop
Learn & Participate
- Curve Young Company
- Curve Community Company
- Artist Development
- Workshops and Classes
- Family Days
- DMU Pride 2019
- New Work Festival
- Fashioning a City
- Venue Hire
- Support Us
- About Us
- Account Login
Our CYC Kids group offers a fun, playful introduction to all aspects of performance. Participants will learn all different skills used in theatre making from acting, dancing, singing and devising.
Who can join CYC Kids?
Our CYC Kids group is for children aged 7 – 11 years at the start of the school year.
CYC Kids meet on Saturdays during school term times. The group is split into two groups based on age, with our 7 – 9 year olds meeting from 10.30am – 12pm, and our 10 – 11 year olds meeting from 1pm – 2.30pm.
What will I get from joining CYC Kids?
- A grounding in dance, acting and singing skills.
- A balance of creative skills with a supportive atmosphere, aiming to create a safe environment for all students – not just the loudest or most confident.
- A focus on speaking, listening and teamwork skills alongside creative development.
- Parents will receive an invitation to an informal sharing at the end of the Autumn term.
- Both groups will work towards a full, original production in Summer 2020.
- A chance to complete Arts Award Discover during the Autumn term – a first for this company (10 – 11 year olds only).
- Workshops from guest practitioners.
- Fun and energetic sessions!
When are the auditions for CYC Kids?
Our auditions for CYC Kids will take place on:
- CYC Kids 7 – 9 years Sat 7 Sep from 10.30am
- CYC Kids 10 – 11 years Sat 7 Sep from 1pm
There is no need to prepare a piece of have done anything similar before, as our group workshop audition will focus on the skills of the participants.
How do I apply?
To apply for CYC Kids, please complete the online application form by clicking the purple ‘Apply Now’ button below.