- What's On
- Plan Your Visit
- Learning & Community
- Support Us
- About Us
- Account Login
Our Act companies are led by a range of Curve artists who are professional theatre directors and practising actors.
This strand is for young people who want to develop their skills by learning about the fundamental principles of acting to ensure their talent is able to grow. This will include developing character, voice technique, working from text, writing for performance, directing and devised theatre practices.
Who can join CYCC Act?
Our CYCC Act group is for young people in school years 10 – 13.
What will I get from joining CYCC Act 16+?
- The chance to work alongside other like-minded young artists to a professional standard.
- Development of physical theatre, ensemble theatre, textual analysis and other core skills.
- An insight into other theatre styles such as verbatim theatre, mask work and method.
- An opportunity to work with Curve’s Technical, Stage Management and Wardrobe staff on productions, giving experience of backstage professional theatre practices.
- Workshops from guest practitioners.
- A free Curve 16-26 Membership, with benefits including ticket deals and discounts around the city.
Applications to join this year’s CYCC Act groups are now closed. To stay up-to-date with the latest news and sign up to our mailing list, click here.