- What's On
- Plan Your Visit
- Eat, Drink & Shop
Learn & Participate
- Curve Young Company
- Curve Community Company
- Artist Development
- Workshops and Classes
- Family Days
- DMU Pride 2020
- New Work Festival
- Fashioning a City
- Venue Hire
- Support Us
- About Us
- Account Login
Our Act companies are led by a range of Curve artists who are professional theatre directors and practising actors.
This strand is for young people who want to develop their skills by learning about the fundamental principles of acting to ensure their talent is able to grow. This will include developing character, voice technique, working from text, writing for performance, directing and devised theatre practices.
Who can join CYC Act 12+?
Our CYC Act 12+ group is for young people aged 12 – 15 years at start of school year. The group meets on Tuesday evenings, 6pm – 9pm, during school term times.
What will I get from joining CYC Act 12+?
- A range of skills with particular focus on text, characterisation and ensemble theatre skills.
- An opportunity to work with Curve’s Technical, Stage Management and Wardrobe staff on productions, giving experience of backstage professional theatre practices.
- An introduction to some key theatrical movements such as Method, Physical Theatre and Verbatim Theatre.
- The chance to be part of a strong ensemble cast rehearsing a public production for performances in our Studio in March 2020.
- Further performance opportunities in the summer term as part of the annual CYC Showcase in the Studio.
- Workshops from guest practitioners.
When are the auditions for CYC Act 12+?
Our auditions for CYC Act 12 + will take place on Tue 3 Sep from 6pm.
There is no need to prepare a piece of have done anything similar before, as our group workshop audition will focus on the skills of the participants including teamwork, focus, attitude and the ability to accept challenges, as well as creative ability.
How do I apply?
To apply for CYC Act 12+, please complete the online application form by clicking the purple ‘Apply Now’ button below.