- What's On
- Plan Your Visit
- Eat, Drink & Shop
- Learn & Participate
- Curve Youth & Community Company
- Artist Development
- Community Creative Writing Challenge
- Workshops and Classes
- Community Days
- DMU Pride
- Fashioning a City
- Venue Hire
- Support Us
- About Us
- Account Login
Our Act companies are led by a range of Curve artists who are professional theatre directors and practising actors.
This strand is for young people who want to develop their skills by learning about the fundamental principles of acting to ensure their talent is able to grow. This will include developing character, voice technique, working from text, writing for performance, directing and devised theatre practices.
Who can join CYCC Act?
Our CYCC Act group is for young people in school years 7 – 9.
What will I get from joining CYCC Act?
- A range of skills with particular focus on text, characterisation and ensemble theatre skills.
- An opportunity to work with Curve’s Technical, Stage Management and Wardrobe staff on productions, giving experience of backstage professional theatre practices.
- An introduction to some key theatrical movements such as Method, Physical Theatre and Verbatim Theatre.
- The chance to be part of a strong ensemble cast rehearsing a public production for performances in our Studio in March 2020.
- Further performance opportunities in the summer term as part of the annual CYC Showcase in the Studio.
- Workshops from guest practitioners.
We are running recruitment workshops ahead of the full term, this is an opportunity for you to decide if this is the right group for you.
Recruitment workshops will be running in the w/c 16 Aug, 30 Aug and 6 Sept 2021.
Expression of interest for these groups are now open. Click here to fill in your expression of interest.