- What's On
- Plan Your Visit
- Eat, Drink & Shop
- Learn & Participate
- Curve Youth & Community Company
- Artist Development
- Community Creative Writing Challenge
- Workshops and Classes
- Family Days
- DMU Pride
- Fashioning a City
- Venue Hire
- Support Us
- About Us
- Account Login
Relaxed Performances are open to anyone who would benefit from a more relaxed performance environment. This may include children, young people and adults with neurodivergence such as autism, learning difficulties and other sensory or communication needs.
A number of adaptations will be made to the show to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable environment for everyone, including:
- Changes to the show’s lighting and sound.
- Elements of surprise reduced to a minimum.
- A relaxed attitude to movement and audience responses during the performance.
- A quiet space available before, during and after the show.
- Extra staff on hand to support audiences during their time with us.
A pre-show information pack will be made available to audiences before their visit, including a visual story for our theatre, details about the performance and other ‘good-to-know’ information. An example pack for last year’s Christmas production of West Side Story can be found here.
Familiarisation visits are also available by request. Please e-mail our Box Office team on [email protected] for more details, and to book your visit.
Audience members who would benefit from the support of a companion during their visit may be eligible for a free Essential Carer ticket with each standard ticket booked for a performance.
To access the concession, we recommend joining our Access Register Scheme so that you don’t need to resubmit evidence each time you book. For more details about the register, please see our Access page.