- What's On
- Plan Your Visit
- Learning & Community
- Support Us
- About Us
- Account Login
THIS COURSE IS NOW FULLY BOOKED.
TICTA Emergency First Aid at Work: Bespoke for dance, performing arts and physical activity.
In partnership with Curve and Safe in Dance International.
- Venue: Curve Theatre, Rutland Street, Leicester, LE1 1SB
- Date: Saturday 18th January 2020
- Time: 10am – 6pm
- Cost: £55 includes Emergency First Aid Certificate, first aid manual, Certificate of CPD from Safe in Dance International (SiDI). Payment to be made by BACS bank transfer upon booking. A booking form must be completed.
- To book please email charlotte.[email protected]
- 14 spaces available
This one day course will include:
- Introductory lecture seminar on reducing the risk of injury within dance, exercise and performing arts.
- How and why to record injuries
- Immediate treatment for common injuries including strains, sprains and dislocations
- Panic attacks and hyperventilation
- Cuts, bruises, blisters and nose bleeds
- How to use an EpiPen
- Emergency CPR for all ages and recovery position
This one day course will be ran by Steve Parry from Ticta First Aid and Charlotte Tomlinson co-author of Safe Dance Practice: An applied dance science perspective (2015). It will be interactive, practical and hands on to meet all learning styles. There is a Quality Assurance procedure in place to ensure that these methods of training are being used. TICTA are keen to work closely with local government organisations and industry specialists to ensure not only the quality of the training is of the correct standard but also the content.
Charlotte Tomlinson, MSc
Charlotte is Associate & Registered Provider for Safe in Dance International, and co-author of Safe Dance Practice: an applied dance science perspective (2015). She is an independent dance teacher, lecturing and delivering on Healthy Dance Practice throughout the UK. Charlotte attained her MSc in Dance Science from Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance. She has presented at the IADMS Annual Meeting several times and has delivered courses on Healthy Dance Practice since 2011. Charlotte also delivers Healthier Dancer talks for One Dance UK.
As an artist Charlotte is Artistic Director and Dance leader for SideKick Dance, an inclusive dance company based at Curve Theatre in Leicester, and dance leader for We Are Epic’s professional development dance company. She also runs a dance group for older adults among other community dance projects, and in 2017 she won the one Dance UK award for Inspirational Community Dance Practitioner. Alongside dance, Charlotte is a keen fitness yoga teacher and has worked in the exercise industry since 2007.
Steve Perry – Founder of Ticta First Aid (The International Certification and Training Academy – (TICTA))
With over 20 years of experience Steve is a dedicated Curriculum Developer with a vast knowledge of the UK and Middle Eastern Health and Safety sector. He has a strong background in creating and maintaining an extensive range of educational material in First Aid, Lifeguard and Teacher/Assessment.
Steve is passionate about own self-development and facilitating learning in others. He creates qualifications to fit a client groups needs rather than trying to make an off the shelf product fit. He has been working closely with Charlotte Tomlinson to create the ideal First Aid qualification to suit those who work in the performing arts and exercise industry.