- What's On
- Plan Your Visit
- Learning & Community
- Support Us
- About Us
- Account Login
Our Curve New Work Festival is a week-long platform to celebrate performance, dance and theatre made by artists who are from, or live in, or make work in the Midlands. Over the course of the week we will present finished performances, work in progress, concerts, workshops and live performance in our 300 seat and 80 seat studio theatres, rehearsal rooms, Mezzanine and foyer spaces.
We are looking for all genres of theatre, dance and performance including new writing, live music, physical theatre, spoken-word, children’s and family theatre, dance, live art, cabaret, musical theatre, puppetry etc.
If you or your company would like to be considered, please fill out the application below and download and attach an Equal Opportunities form, which you can also find below.
The festival will run from 1 – 7 November 2021.
The deadline for applications has now been extended to Sunday 12 September, 23.59pm.
Please don’t spend a long time on this application. It can be rough around the edges as long as you communicate the essential information. We would like to know a little about you, your work and some practical information so we can programme effectively. Questions with a red star are essential, while the others give you an opportunity to give us extra info if you’d like to.
You can also submit an audio or video application instead of this form (no longer than 7 mins) answering the questions below to [email protected]
Questions for Audio/Video Applications:
- Introduce yourself (and your company) and the kind of work you make.
- Where are you based and what is your relationship to the Midlands?
- Tell us about what you want to bring to the New Work Festival including genre and whether it is a work-in-progress, finished performance etc
- Who is your audience? Who is it suitable for? Is there any content guidance?
- How long is it, what are your tech requirements, what kind of space should it go in?
- Do you have any access requirements?
- Is there anything else you’d like us to know?
- Check we have your contact details when emailing – Name, email address and phone number.
We are an inclusive organisation, from our trustees and team members to our audience and participants. We treat all job applicants equally, regardless of class, age, disability, gender identity or gender expression, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation or any other equality characteristic. We particularly encourage applications from individuals who are underrepresented in the cultural sector.