- What's On
- Plan Your Visit
- Learning & Community
- Support Us
- About Us
- Account Login
Dementia Friendly Performances are thoughtfully tailored to support audience members living with Dementia, their families and carers.
A number of adaptations will be made to the show to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable environment for everyone, including:
- Changes to the show’s lighting and sound.
- Clearer visual markers and signage around the theatre.
- A relaxed attitude to movement and audience responses during the show.
- A quiet space available before, during and after the show.
- Extra staff on hand to support audiences during their time with us.
A pre-show information pack will be made available to audiences before their visit, including a visual story for our theatre, details about the performance and other ‘good-to-know’ information. An example pack for our 2021 Christmas production of A Chorus Line can be found here, and our 2022 summer production Billy Elliot the Musical here.
Audience members who would benefit from the support of a friend, relative or carer during their visit may be eligible for a free Companion ticket with each standard ticket booked for a performance.
To access the concession, we recommend joining our Access Register Scheme so that you don’t need to resubmit evidence each time you book. For more details about the register, please see our Access page.