- What's On
- Plan Your Visit
- Eat, Drink & Shop
- Learn & Participate
- Curve Young Company
- Curve Community Company
- Artist Development
- Workshops and Classes
- Family Days
- DMU Pride
- Fashioning a City
- Venue Hire
- Support Us
- About Us
- Account Login
Dementia Friendly Performances are thoughtfully tailored to support audience members living with Dementia, their families and carers.
A number of adaptations will be made to the show to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable environment for everyone, including:
- Changes to the show’s lighting and sound.
- Clearer visual markers and signage around the theatre.
- A relaxed attitude to movement and audience responses during the show.
- A quiet space available before, during and after the show.
- Extra staff on hand to support audiences during their time with us.
Audience members who would benefit from the support of a companion during their visit may be eligible for a free Essential Carer ticket with each standard ticket booked for a performance.
To access the concession, we recommend joining our Access Register Scheme so that you don’t need to resubmit evidence each time you book. For more details about the register, please see our Access page.