- What's On
- Plan Your Visit
- Eat, Drink & Shop
- Get Involved
- Curve Events
- Join & Support Us
- About Us
- Account Login
Breakthrough is Curve’s year-round development programme for local artists. Through the programme we
offer opportunities to make, share and explore new work, while giving critical feedback and linking artists in
with Curve’s networks. There will also be opportunities to perform at Inside Out festival, the annual celebration of
new diverse work being created in the East Midlands, and get involved with other projects throughout the year.
Curve is interested in supporting artists to develop work that transforms our building, engages with our audience
and new ones, and inspires the way we work, think and programme.
Applications for Breakthrough will close on Monday 27th February 2017, to apply please send a copy of your
performance CV along with a completed application form by 10am.
• Committed artists creating work in the East Midlands
• Artists working in all types of performance (including: theatre, dance, spoken word, musical theatre,
children’s theatre, multi-disciplinary artists, and everything in between)
• Minimum of one previous professional show (We classify a professional show as: A show created with
artists who have received formal professional training, presented for a minimum of ten performances for
a paying audience).
The Breakthrough programme is founded on a flexible structure, where the support we offer responds
to the individual needs of our artists as well as providing group workshops and discussion sessions.
• £500 Artist Development Bursary
• Up to 3 weeks independent Residency Time at Curve
• Support from Industry Professionals during rehearsals
• In-kind Support from Curve Staff (including dramaturgy and technical)
• Complimentary Curve Membership
• Free tickets to see Made at Curve Productions
• Artist wristbands for Inside Out 2017
• Peer mentoring with current Breakthrough companies
• Access to Curve’s networks and contacts
• An opportunity to perform at Inside Out 2018
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to be a Breakthrough artist please fill out the following form and return it to email@example.com by 10am on Monday 27th February 2017